September 22, 2004
the bodywork on 090. The air scoop was so badly damaged from
one of the crashes, that I removed it and made a new one.
While the scoop was off, I did a little bodywork on the inside
to save time and knuckles.
the cover was glued on, a little bodywork and this brake duct
is ready for paint.
on these old bodies, if you can give the surface a layer of
filler, your paint job will turn out better in the long run.
The air bubbles under the surface (if the top layer is thin
from grinding) will make blisters under a thin layer of paint.
The filler makes an insulated barrier which buries the air
because after a week of filling and sanding, the body gets
its first layer of duratech.
all the years of grinding, the roof has gotten too thin to
be stable, so I re-glassed a layer of ounce and a half mat
to strengthen it up. This layer will be covered with filler
and then primed.
all the old paint must come off during this process.
am final sanding the surface with 80 grit paper.
for duratech and spraying.
wear a mask in an unventilated area because you can't breathe
this stuff too often.
090 is in duratech, Jack and I will work on details for glasurit
primer part time because I will be preparing 068 just as I
did 090 for duratech.
Previous Update | Next Update