June 18, 2004
to get 090 caught up with 068 so the cockpit is being restored
first (for duratech primer).
This picture shows patches for all the holes that were drilled
in the firewall over the years.
spots are covering holes and the slot for the seat belt shoulder
This car will receive double harnesses.
I have sanded our fingers to the bone, but as you can see...well
of the dash area. Way easier doing the finish work under here
before we install the dash.
the firewall bulkhead requires more grinding and more replacement
of cracked up fiberglass.
little corner needs hand sanding and repair. The little brown
spot in the picture on the right is probably an original drip
of resin from when the car was built. We will have to grind
it off because we will recover this area with mat (for the
original strength and look).
pictures of repair work.
putting the finishing touches on the front structure (hood
latches) so it can be primed.
work has been finished on the luggage structure and is ready
a repair around the license plate light. All the small cracks
have to be repaired with glass because body filler will not
hold them together for the long run.
reason, somebody had chopped out the area on the side of the
deck lid hatch.
This needs to be repaired.
grinding, a couple layers of material...bingo!
got the tail masked off so I can apply the duratech.
The picture on the right is the start of the driver's side
the passenger side that I cut out to rebuild. I will repair
and replace next week.
shots of the damage.
has been ground down to original glass and repaired.
refitting the headlight bucket, I'll cover the inside with
a layer of mat for strength and texture.
of the tail is now primed and will be sanded later in the
project for final paint.
the brake duct on the inside. Note the hole...this was done
by many of the teams to guide additional air to the carburetors.
It's not original, but most everybody did it if the car was
Previous Update | Next Update