May 12, 2003
headlight bucket removed from a crash, and me cutting the
other one off of the fender, this is what is finally exposed.....a
lot of crap!
are pictures of all the glass that was applied right over
news is that some of the glass peeled off.
news is that most of it didn't. I started grinding at 11:00
am on saturday and finished at 6:00 pm. A whole lot of itching
going on, all weekend!
on the right is the headlight bucket that I cut out, but I
left the brace so we didn't loose index.
the bottom side of the bucket which has been repaired a few
panels will all be ground smooth and re skinned.
looking down under the headlight. There was an inch thick
of resin on the downhill side.
panels are pretty busted up, but fixable.
see the thickness of resin.
areas have seen the first grinding which cleans up the surface.
pictures were taken to index the wire straps.
structural panels needed repair.
5:00 pm and I'm getting close.
ready for a front truck re skin.
repair work has to take place. The right headlight bucket
got slammed in the big crash and the left headlight brace
was busted too. You can see the clay in place to shape the
fender has been re skinned and looks marvelous.
Came in at 4:00 am got done at 8:45 am. This was one big layup.
skinning all these panels, you not only have to lay the matt
down, but there are matt patches that hold all the panels
together. These are installed at the same time for original
finishing the blasting of the tail. Only a little more work
and it will be finished on the inside, maybe by tomorrow.
surfaces are blasted clean and now we just have to do detail
Previous Update | Next Update